Kurt,

October 19, 2015 temp at midnight was below freezing and dropped to 24 for
three hours, 3am to 6am here. Plenty of apples still on trees. Some
varieties did not thaw until late that day. Some trees looked like they had
been torched, black leaves. We continued PYO for three weeks, I don't
recall any complaints, certainly nothing like what we got after the couple
hail storms we had this past June. 17 degrees? Now that could be a problem.
Good luck! Haven't you had enough of the PYO for this year anyhow?

Mo

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 4:42 PM, David Doud <david_d...@me.com> wrote:

> "Will the apples maintain a sufficient amount of quality to be able to be
> marketed to a rather non discriminating PYO cliental following the freeze
> event with the expectation that the apples will be used quickly for fresh
> use and not stored?”
>
> No.
>
> David Doud
> grower, IN
>
> picking the last of the Goldrush tomorrow before the freeze
> that unambiguously ends the harvest
>

> On Nov 8, 2017, at 3:53 PM, Kurt Alstede <k...@alstedefarms.com> wrote:
>
> Will the apples maintain a sufficient amount of quality to be able to be
> marketed to a rather non discriminating PYO cliental following the freeze
> event with the expectation that the apples will be used quickly for fresh
> use and not stored?

Maurice Tougas
Tougas Family Farm
Northborough,MA 01532