Apple Croppers- I asked Dr. Grande for his perspective on this technology-
Win C.
Begin forwarded message:

From: John Grande <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: February 20, 2007 11:09:00 AM EST
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Apple-Crop: Spray Nozzles
Good morning Win -- the nozzles that you are referring to I believe are produced in Europe and distributed in the United States by Hypro -- which is a manufacturer of spray pumps. The nozzles you referred to ..air induction nozzles which basically have an air intake and a mixing chamber to create spray droplets with air bubbles. As the gentleman pointed out…. Teejet also manufactures a very similar nozzle but I don't believe they make ceramic versions which are beneficial for high pressure spraying along with abrasive materials such as wetable powders. See the use links --

  http://www.teejet.com/MS/TeeJet/product_Detail.asp?ID=23&SUB=true

http://www.hypropumps.com/Spray/en-us/Products/SprayTips/ BandingAndDirected/FanSpray/

I would guess it might be better to utilize Teejet brand for United States built equipment but really not sure. There might be a great cost factor between the two manufacturers and again the ceramic versus stainless steel orifice. My take is that most of the nozzles today have good wear characteristics.

I did a small amount of testing of the air induction nozzle from Teejet. It looked interesting but as far as tree fruit goes and especially based upon your requirements at the Snyder farm to create a vortex of spray droplets that role within the tree I'm not sure air bubble droplets will perform in the same way. They do however break up on impact and spread. This could be a Snyder farm demonstration project for one of your field days. Regards John

John Grande Ph.D - Director

Rutgers University

New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station

Snyder Research and Extension Farm

140 Locust Grove Rd.

Pittstown,NJ 08867

908 730 9419

campus 2-4000 ext 4201





From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 10:49 AM
To: John Grande
Subject: Fwd: Apple-Crop: Spray Nozzles





John, any experience with these?





Win Cowgill
Professor, County Agricultural Agent
County Extension Department Head
PO Box 2500
6 Gauntt Place
Flemington, NJ 08822
Phone-908-788-1344

FAx 908-806-4735
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: http://www.VirtualOrchard.net/win










Begin forwarded message:




From: "Con.Traas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Date: February 20, 2007 9:10:09 AM EST

To: [email protected]

Subject: Apple-Crop: Spray Nozzles

Reply-To: Apple-Crop <[email protected]>



Hello all,
I am considering trying the new drift-reducing Albuz hollow cone nozzles (see http://www.albuz.saint-gobain.com/anglais/ nouveautes.asp), which are supposed to give far bigger droplet sizes (apparently each drop is made up of many mini-drops mixed with air bubbles), which break up into optimal size droplets on impact with plant foliage. Have any of you used this type of technology for fungicides (or insecticides) and what do you think of it?

Con Traas
The Apple Farm
Moorstown
Cahir
Co. Tipperary
Ireland





Reply via email to