Hello Kevin,
I normally operate with a mean drop size of about 80-90 microns. The thing 
about these nozzles is that they give drops of 500 microns, that are supposed 
to break up into small drops (but I don't know what size) once they contact the 
plant foliage. Clearly, with such large drops, drift should not be an issue, 
but if the drops don't break up as promised, then problems of areas receiving 
too much and too little active ingredient will certainly arise. I think 
Maurice's suggestion of the water sensitive cards will be very useful to check 
how the nozzles actually perform, but I'd rather not buy the nozzles to later 
find out that the water sensitive card says that they don't do what they claim. 
I might have to find out myself, and at least then I can let you know what I 
think.
Con Traas
 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Kevin 
Sanders
Sent: 20 February 2007 22:36
To: Apple-Crop
Subject: Re: Apple-Crop: Spray Nozzles


My own thoughts are that you should be careful ..If you have some thoughts on 
trying this you should remember that the best coverage is applied by spraying 
as constant a drop size as you can manage in the 100 micro range .The larger 
drops lead you to deposits of chemical in small area's and not complete 
coverage of the surface .
Kevin Sanders 

Reply via email to