An Italian friend has written a book on Italian fruit history.  It is being
translated into English and I've been reading the manuscript to help them
with the English translation of horticultural terms.  I'm stumped on one
however.  Sometimes on the surface of peach fruit  there is a small lumpy
growth about the size of a pea.  Is there a term for that lump in English?
If so, do tell.
Thanks,

John Bunker

Fedco