You have to give the guy an A for effort with his idea. Let's think this
through.
- Consumers would need to pick all 225 million bushels (The average crop in the
U.S.) from August to October.
- Since about 110 million bushels are grown in Washington State many people
from NY City, Boston, L.A., Chicago, Atlanta, etc. would need to drive out and
spend a month or so camping and picking apples. All schools would of course
need to push their starting dates to Nov. 15.
- They would need to then need to purchase a small CA storage so the apples
would keep for a year.
- They would need to purchased the equipment to make apple sauce and other
processed products. Don't forget about the canning supplies.
- They would need to cut up apples and package them, then deliver them to their
local McDonalds for Happy Meals.
Labor problem SOLVED!!

___________________________

Matt McCallum