Thank you for that, Peter.

        I suppose that if the systemic activity of neonics is sufficient to
kill Apple Maggot eggs or larvae during a (two week?) period after application,
        and  up to 2 inches rainfall, they could be expected to be as good as
Imidan or Guthion, regardless of whether the adults are killed by fruit or
foliar contact.
        Or, perhaps female flies are killed by ovipositor contact with systemic
neonic during egg insertion?  My guess is that such studies have not been made.

        David Kollas