I plan to trial Honeycrisp on B.9/B.118, B.9/MM.111 and G.11/MM.111.  I also
plan to use renewal pruning, with no permanent limbs.  Considering Jon
Clements' recommendation for Honeycrisp on B.9 at 2 feet apart in the row,
any thoughts about spacing for these other combinations, or cautions?  My
thinking: If Honeycrisp on B.9 means waiting to crop until the third leaf,
maybe it is better to not rely heavily on Tall Spindle, but instead also go
with fewer trees on interstems (cheaper per acre) that will presumably last
longer, need less expensive support and still be trained to a compact,
U-Pick friendly fruiting wall.

Steven Bibula

Plowshares Community Farm

236 Sebago Lake Road