The only Western country without a minimum wage is Switzerland. The
unemployment rate there is 3%. A huge problem here in the US is that we pay
people not to work (unemployment checks) and have a minimum wage. If the
growers in China were forced to pay our wage rates, then there would be
little problems with competition from them. However, this will never
happen.

For the US: 1. Get rid of minimum wage laws. 2. Reform the tort laws where
law suits are at a minimum, and the loser must pay all court costs and
attorney's fees. (Can you imagine suing your employer in China?) 3.
Terminate all unemployment payments. In just a few weeks, a grower could
hire workers dirt cheap. The market would then self correct. Otherwise, the
restrictive regulations here in the US will put growers out of business.
The problem is not China's cheap products, but the Federal and states
government's expensive regulations. This is a no-brainer.