On Sun, 02 Apr 2000 17:29:33 -0500, L.D. Best wrote:

> In every case the QUIT command has gone to mail server -- whether the
> QUIT originated with Arachne or elsewhere I cannot tell.  I know that
> the QUIT command gets to mail server, because when I restart download
> from server, it is with next message and not first.  i.e. the mail
> server deleted the messages already downloaded.  And that happens *only*
> when session ends with QUIT.

 You are mistaken on that point.
If you'de like to see for yourself, check the option to create the
POP3.LOG file and have a look at it after downloading your eMail.

 I just sent 3 identical test messages to my own address and then
retrieved them.

The resulting POP3.LOG is attached (renamed to POP3.TXT)

--
Glenn McCorkle [EMAIL PROTECTED] North Jackson, Ohio, USA
DOS prog. for QV cameras http://www.angelfire.com/id/glenndoom/qvplay.html