On Mon, 3 Apr 2000 08:38:46 -0400 (EDT), Eric S. Emerson wrote:

> Sam,
> I ran consternating thru my spell checker and it wouldn't
> recognize it. Is consternating anything like disconcerting?
> Or, does it have other implications?

The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Languge, edition of 1973,
defines consternate as "To cause (someone) to be suddenly and violently
confused, amazed, or frustrated".  I've never heard the word used in my
travels up north.  You will hear folks use this word down south.

<snip>

Sam Heywood
-- This mail was written by user of Arachne, the Ultimate Internet Client