We all wait for the release of the code under GPL. Then, hopefully
Arachne will get its team of developers.

Arachne for Linux looks very promising, at least the GGI version which
is fairly stable. Unfortunately it can't do anything else then http. The
Linux code makes me very confident there will be a 32bit DJGPP Arachne some
day. It's the only way to break the damned 640 kB barrier and to get
rid of the xSwap mechanism.

>From what i've noticed lately, JavaScript is loosing steam. The new
tendency is to use  the combination between PHP and SQL in order to generate web
pages dynamicaly. Web designers are now focusing on PHP (server-side)
and tend to forget about JavaScript. CSS are heavily used because they
are pretty comfortable. Unfortunately there are some misguided people
who think that a site entirely written in Flash is the coolest thing on the
web, but these are mostly beginners.

IMO once Arachne GPL'd, the main directions for further developing the code
should be:
1. A better implementation for CSS
2. SSL

Java Script much later