Hi Simran,

Thank you very much for that comprehensive reply!

I will check out all your links. A course on modelling is a good idea as
ArangodDB is multi-model and therefore naturally presents interesting new
use cases and applications.

Your thoughts on my modelling ideas clarify why I got a bit stuck on how to
model this scenario as it’s not really a natural fit.
I totally agree that price makes more sense as a vertex attribute. However
in the context of a recommendation engine I saw some models online where
the attributes are vertexes with weights on the edges and thought there
might be some clever model that would work, but maybe this doesn’t work
with prices and locations as these are more factual properties and
can’t/shouldn't really be weighted. As you point out searching users
shouldn’t be connected to apartments. Maybe your ideas for a fuzzy search
is better where I i.e. increase the price range if a user is less
interested in price or vice versa increase the radius if price is more
important.

You are correct that locations aren’t really point based. Apartments would
belong to a polygon district or just a simple tag/category. In theory if a
location is close to another district I could also add it to another
district but with a lower weight, but then I might as well just use point
based search.

I guess my use case probably makes more sense to use a graph based
recommendations engine if I start using views, matches etc or types of
apartments/features to base my recommendations on?

Thanks once again for your feedback!
Michael