On Sun, 9 Oct 2011, Chris Young wrote:

> On Sun, 9 Oct 2011 16:21:29 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time), Jeffrey Lee wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 9 Oct 2011, Chris Young wrote:
>>
>>> Ideally the display needs to be big endian (or endian-neutral) all the
>>> way through.  Any ideas?
>>
>> Judging by the original code, it looks like all that's needed is to endian
>> swap the source data. Some care will be needed with situations where the
>> expand table or memcpy are used, but I think I can get the code to work.
>> Stay tuned!
>
> Excellent, thanks!

New version uploaded.

http://www.phlamethrower.co.uk/misc2/arcem-src.zip (source)
http://www.phlamethrower.co.uk/misc2/arcem.zip (RISC OS build)

General changes:
* Chris's Amiga palette fix
* Sound & video code should (hopefully) work properly on big-endian
systems now. Might also be slightly faster than the old code.

RISC OS changes:
* Fixed crash if the SharedSound handler was asked to mix ArcEm's sound
into the destination buffer
* Improved cursor line doubling to work with more cursor shapes
* Disabled stack limit checking in order to get a bit of a speed boost. A
256K stack frame is set up on startup to make sure there's no chance of
stack overflows.

Also, I've had a bit of a look into why configurations with under 2MB of
RAM don't work. It looks like it's because ArcEm doesn't emulate the way
that MEMC calculates the row & column addresses (see the last few pages of
the MEMC1 data sheet). So if I can work out the correct way to mangle our
addresses I might be able to get low memory configurations & 4K/8K/16K
page sizes working properly. No promises on when I'll get it done though!

Cheers,

- Jeffrey