On Wed, 18 Oct 2011, Chris Young wrote:

On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 19:53:22 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time), Jeffrey Lee wrote:

Rather than keep breaking the Amiga version, I think I'll have a go at
installing a version of QEMU that I can use to test the big-endian version
of ArcEm. A quick google throws up a few how-to guides, so with any luck I
should be able to get it sorted out sometime tonight.

Good luck with that :)  I'd be surprised if it is an endian issue
causing this; I'd expect it to not boot or read from HostFS correctly
at all if it was.

Getting QEMU sorted out took a bit longer than expected (it didn't help that the Debian installer made the boot partition too small!), but I've now got a half-decent way of testing the big endian version. ArcEm runs a tad slow, but better than I was expecting.

The problem was a bug in the endian swapping code, but it would only affect the last few bytes of the transfer. Any transfer which ended on a word boundary would have been OK. The attached patch should fix the issue, and I've updated the source archive with both mine and Chris's fixes.

Cheers,

- Jeffrey