On Fri, 21 Oct 2011, Jeffrey Lee wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Oct 2011, Chris Young wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 20:53:22 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time), Jeffrey Lee wrote:
>>
>>> It wouldn't
>>> surprise me if things are horribly broken on systems where 'int' is only
>>> 16 bits.
>>
>> Erm, int is 16-bit here... maybe this is the issue?
>>
>> I'll save my !Boot for now - it is pretty much the same as before.
>> I have no problem with stdint.h.
>
> Ah, OK. In that case, I'll report back once I've converted everything to
> use stdint.h.

New version uploaded.

http://www.phlamethrower.co.uk/misc2/arcem-src.zip (source)
http://www.phlamethrower.co.uk/misc2/arcem.zip (RISC OS build)

* Incorporated Chris's changes to add updateflags/autoupdateflags/etc.
options to the Amiga version
* Most code converted to use the types from stdint.h and stdbool.h. For
systems without those headers/types, all that should be needed is to add
the appropriate definitions to the new header 'c99.h'. There are still a
few areas that use 'int' (and maybe 'long'), but with any luck things will
work properly on 16bit systems now. I also spotted a bug that would have
caused issues on 64bit systems. However unless Chris was talking about
the 68k having 16bit ints, I don't see how ArcEm could have ever run on
Amiga, as the most crucial data type (ARMword) has always been defined as
being an unsigned int.
* So since the above isn't likely to have fixed the strange hostfs issues
Chris is seeing, I've also added a 'OLD_FILECODE' option to hostfs.c. If
this is enabled it will bypass my new file read/write functions
completely, and use the original code. So with that option enabled the
only difference between the current hostfs and the old hostfs will be the
merge of the RISC OS version and the merge of the RPCEmu version.
* I've also rewritten the !Help file for the RISC OS version, so the
seperate !ReadMe file I've been providing is now redundant. That, and the
recompilation to use the new data types, are the only changes to the RISC
OS build.

Cheers,

- Jeffrey