On 22/1/19 8:03 am, Levente Polyak via arch-dev-public wrote:
> Everything that won’t be part of base-system needs to be added as a
> dependency to all requiring packages; alternatively don't omit any first
> level runtime dependencies at all.
>
> This package should only depend on strictly required explicit packages
> to get a working minimal Arch Linux system.
>
> The proposed end result is:
> - base: convenient helper group for quickly getting a working system
>   when installing, must include the new base-system package
> - base-system: package defining the minimum dependencies for a working
>   base runtime

I think the proposal is OK.  I'm not comfortable with our line about
base group packages being required given how many of them I don't have
installed.

However...  I don't like idea of the base group and base-system package
existing together.  You definition of what base-system should be is much
the same as what the base group was defined to be.  What package
justifies itself in the base group, but would not be in base-system?  It
seems we would have two very similar things where one would do.

Allan