Dear Adam,

Thank you for the quick reply.  I did install shapely separately
successfully with the troubleshooting instructions when I had Python 2.7.6
installed.  But I ran into this same issue at this step as copied in the
original post.  I then noticed the update to the documentation that came
out that said it was recommended to use Python 2.7.13.  I updated Python to
2.7.13, including updating the path, reinstalled Arches and then shapely
would not install separately.  It gives a message of:
Shapely-1.5.17-cp27-cp27m-win_amd64.whl is not a supported wheel on this
platform.

Thanks,

Scott