Hello all!

   - what is your interest in Arches?
      - I work for the Historic Environment Division, part of the
      Department for Communities, Northern Ireland. I'm interested in Arches
      because it looks to provide many of the functions that we might look for
in
      a potential replacement for the various heritage asset databases that we
      have. I started out as a field archaeologist and have become involved in
      digital heritage management by osmosis and while I like to think that
I've
      an informed interest in software development, frankly, I'm a complete
      novice. I've managed to get the Arches 4.3 splash page working on a
      DigitalOcean server, that's something I guess :)
   - where in the world are you working?
      - In the National Monuments and Building Record (NI) office, which is
      in the Klondyke Building, Belfast.
   - what can you see out of the window? Is there any heritage in your view?
      - Can I even see a window from my seat? Just about, but there's not
      much of a view. The one thing I can see out the window are the external
red
      brick walls of our building, which is a former Retort House built in 1891
      and which formed part of the Belfast Gasworks. It's not much to look at
      from here, but I guess it counts as heritage.

Best regards,

John