Martha, I just reread that blog post and realized that I mischaracterized
it in my comments above. I was thinking of it as if it was about Arches
data geometries, not overlay geometries. I'd say that by and large the
entire post is relevant to v4, though I'm not sure off the top of my head
if there is an aux schema still, or everything is just in the public schema.

Indeed, the biggest difference is probably the last step, because adding
overlays is completely different in v4. Refer to the geoserver example in
here:
https://github.com/legiongis/arches4-geo-examples#using-the-tileserver-to-cascade-a-wms

Adam