Hi Fathima,

Regarding project names, I can see below options based on your document.
1. If the project name is already taken, let user to come up with another
project name.
2. Treat applications as jira project components.
3. Append the tenant domain to the project name.

If we need to multi tenant the jira, as mentioned in option 3 in document,
we can start up new jira cartridge per tenant.
If jira instance is provided, and it needs to store multiple tenant
projects, we need to choose from above options.

thank you.

On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 10:27 AM, Fathima Dilhasha <dilha...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Manjula,
>
> Thanks for the feedback.
>
> Regarding 1. I agree with you that we can use role based mapping to
> restrict accessibility to each project.
> But we will be using the admin user to create apps in the JIRA instance.
> Given that, I can't still find a way to solve the problem of having similar
> named projects for two or more tenants.
>
> Regarding 2. Are u referring to scenario 3 in the diagram? That is for
> creating a project in an App Factory defined instance ? If so +1, an admin
> user can be maintained to do that.
>
> Thanks.
> Regards,
> Dilhasha
>
> *M.N.F. Dilhasha*
> Software Engineering Intern | *WSO2 Inc.*
>
> email   :
> *dilha...@wso2.com <dilha...@wso2.com>*mobile : +94 77 8449321
>
> On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 9:44 AM, Manjula Rathnayake <manju...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> This is regarding using a single JIRA instance for all apps in all
>> tenants.
>> 1. Using the role based access control, we can restrict users seeing
>> other tenant applications.
>> ex: foo tenant users are assigned to foo_role in jira.
>> @Dilhasha, Please have a look at jira role mapping to jira projects.
>>
>> 2. Regarding the login issue, we can use a predefined system user in jira
>> to create projects, assign users on behalf of other users.
>>
>> thank you.
>>

>> On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 12:50 AM, Fathima Dilhasha <dilha...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have specified a flow chart and my suggestions regarding the scenarios
>>> in [1].
>>> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qDRObBh4CLnO755TgyINWAey9c1X3W1BFI-hgkh9rlQ/edit?usp=sharing>
>>>
>>> Please comment and point out any mistakes and suggest any other options
>>> we can consider.
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qDRObBh4CLnO755TgyINWAey9c1X3W1BFI-hgkh9rlQ/edit?usp=sharing
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>> Regards,
>>> Dilhasha
>>>
>>> *M.N.F. Dilhasha*
>>> Software Engineering Intern | *WSO2 Inc.*
>>>
>>> email   :
>>> *dilha...@wso2.com <dilha...@wso2.com>*mobile : +94 77 8449321

Manjula Rathnayaka
Software Engineer