I understand that fact. What I was asking is can we customize the
authentication behavior. Are there extension points. Any way if there are
not you can have a pretty defined user for each tenant same as we do for
jenkins.

Thanks & Regards
Danushka Fernando
Software Engineer
WSO2 inc. http://wso2.com/
Mobile : +94716332729

On Apr 1, 2015 7:14 PM, "Fathima Dilhasha" <dilha...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi danushka,
>
> The issue is with how the SOAP API for JIRA works. It requires admin
> username and password to establish a SOAP session, to create a project via
> the SOAP API.
> If we are to create a project on a user specified JIRA instance, the
> username and password  (For that particular JIRA instance) are required.
>
> Thanks.
> Regards,
> Dilhasha
>

> *M.N.F. Dilhasha*
> Software Engineering Intern | *WSO2 Inc.*
>
> email   :
> *dilha...@wso2.com <dilha...@wso2.com>*mobile : +94 77 8449321
>
> On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 6:07 PM, Danushka Fernando <danush...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> Are there extension points in jira where we can extend authentication
>> mechanism. BTW password is something we don't have. We have only username.
>>
>> Thanks & Regards
>> Danushka Fernando
>> Software Engineer
>> WSO2 inc. http://wso2.com/
>> Mobile : +94716332729
>>

>> On Apr 1, 2015 4:25 PM, "Fathima Dilhasha" <dilha...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I need few other clarifications as well.
>>>
>>> So far,
>>> I have been successful in creating a JIRA project via SOAP only. This
>>> SOAP client requires username and password for the Jira instance.
>>> So, if we want to allow users to create projects in their JIRA instance,
>>> we will have to request for username and password for JIRA instance.
>>>
>>> Is that okay?
>>> We will not store any username or password, but we'll need it to create
>>> a SOAP session.
>>>
>>> WDYT?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>> Regards,