Hi Sajith,

Currently, we are in the process of refactoring the carbon-security source
and hope to release a 1.0.0-m3 soon. With this release, CAAS User
implementation will only provide authorization functionalities. In order to
consume identity store related functionalities, you need to use the User
class provided by carbon-identity-mgt[1]. Also, both classes will implement
Serializable.

[1] -
https://github.com/thanujalk/carbon-identity-mgt/blob/master/components/org.wso2.carbon.identity.mgt/src/main/java/org/wso2/carbon/identity/mgt/User.java

Thanks,
Thanuja

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 12:45 PM, SajithAR Ariyarathna <sajit...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi Johann,
>
> Once you login using CAAS (carbon authentication and authorization
>> service) components you will get a CAAS User object [1]. This User object
>> is a proxy object which can be used to call all the underlying identity
>> store and authorization store methods. Ideally you will store this User
>> object in the user's logged in session and perform those operations when
>> necessary.
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/wso2/carbon-security/blob/release-1.0
>> .0-m2/components/org.wso2.carbon.security.caas/src/main/java
>> /org/wso2/carbon/security/caas/user/core/bean/User.java
>>
> This means that we need to store the User object in the UUF session. In
> order to that the User class needs to be serializable. However User class
> does not implements Serializable interface.
>
> On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 3:13 PM, Tanya Madurapperuma <ta...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Dilan,
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 2:48 PM, Dilan Udara Ariyaratne <dil...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Tania,
>>>
>>> Are we going to keep one dashboard permission or multiple ? The reason
>>> that I am asking this is if we can allow multiple, we can
>>> separate out access for critical functions like dashboard view, edit and
>>> manage via those permissions.
>>>
>> As explained offline each dashboard will have its own permission for view
>> , edit/ update, delete. The only difference in this with the previous
>> versions is that instead of the role we will use permissions.
>>

>>> Also, have you looked into the scenario of restricting access of
>>> dashboards for different users ?
>>>
>> A permission is resource + action. So we can restrict access with the
>> permission.
>>
>>> AFAIU, it's only by having multiple permissions, we can do this.
>>>

>> Thanks,
>> Tanya
>>

>>> Cheers,
>>> Dilan.
>>>
>>> *Dilan U. Ariyaratne*
>>> Senior Software Engineer
>>> WSO2 Inc. <http://wso2.com/>
>>> Mobile: +94766405580 <%2B94766405580>
>>> lean . enterprise . middleware

>> Tanya Madurapperuma
>>
>> Senior Software Engineer,
>> WSO2 Inc. : wso2.com
>> Mobile : +94718184439 <+94%2071%20818%204439>
>> Blog : http://tanyamadurapperuma.blogspot.com

> Sajith Janaprasad Ariyarathna
> Software Engineer; WSO2, Inc.;  http://wso2.com/
> <https://wso2.com/signature>