Hi,

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 10:14 PM, Prabath Siriwardena <prab...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> At the moment we can't delete an identity provider, if its associated with
> one or more service providers.
>
> Also - for the user there is no way to find out the associated service
> providers for a given identity provider - without going through each and
> every service provider config.
>
> This is fine (or just okay) if we have 2 or 3 service providers in the
> system - but its not the case today.
>
> Can we provide a feature to force delete an identity provider? If not at
> the UI - at least at the API level..

There are some issues if we delete IDP forcefully.
Ex : As Farasath raised off line how we changed the already configured
authentication flow it its the only authenticator in that flow.
And these authentication steps may be configured according to organization
requirements, So I think there can be issues if we change automatically.

As I understand the issue.
We configure authentication configuration in each SP.
So If we delete a IDP or authenticator we need to change all SP
configuration.
And in a organization most of the time they will use same authentication
chain in all SPs or there can be few templates.

My suggestion is. We can define authentication chains and associate those
with SP configurations.
Then it would be easy to manage even there are 100s of SPs.

In future we are going to Add ACR support for OIDC (We can implement it for
SAML as well), then also we have to came up with pre defined authentication
chains.

-Ishara

--
Ishara Karunarathna