On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 12:09 AM, Ishara Karunarathna <isha...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 10:14 PM, Prabath Siriwardena <prab...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> At the moment we can't delete an identity provider, if its associated
>> with one or more service providers.
>>
>> Also - for the user there is no way to find out the associated service
>> providers for a given identity provider - without going through each and
>> every service provider config.
>>
>> This is fine (or just okay) if we have 2 or 3 service providers in the
>> system - but its not the case today.
>>
>> Can we provide a feature to force delete an identity provider? If not at
>> the UI - at least at the API level..
>>
> There are some issues if we delete IDP forcefully.
> Ex : As Farasath raised off line how we changed the already configured
> authentication flow it its the only authenticator in that flow.
> And these authentication steps may be configured according to organization
> requirements, So I think there can be issues if we change automatically.

Thats their requirement by deleting the IdP. We need to give them a warning
- and probably show the associated IdPs - and then after confirmation
delete.

> As I understand the issue.
> We configure authentication configuration in each SP.
> So If we delete a IDP or authenticator we need to change all SP
> configuration.
> And in a organization most of the time they will use same authentication
> chain in all SPs or there can be few templates.
>
> My suggestion is. We can define authentication chains and associate those
> with SP configurations.
> Then it would be easy to manage even there are 100s of SPs.

Yes - reusable steps is something we plan to do in the future. But that
change has to wait some time. Even in the same case - if IdP is in multiple
chains - still we need to provide the IdP delete functionality - but yes -
in that case number of chains would be minimal in practice.

Thanks & regards,
-Prabath