On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 11:12 AM, Harsha Thirimanna <hars...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 9:44 AM, Prabath Siriwardena <prab...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> At the moment we can't delete an identity provider, if its associated
>> with one or more service providers.
>>
>> Also - for the user there is no way to find out the associated service
>> providers for a given identity provider - without going through each and
>> every service provider config.
>>

> If we allow to delete the current IDP means, we are going to reset the SP
> association to the defaults which are already associated with this IDP.
>
> Then anyway they have to go and select the new IDP.
>
> But in that case, it would be hard to find which is the one earlier set to
> that deleted IDP, right ?
>
> Once we delete the IDP, we can't provide automate solution or prompt for
> each to select what would be the next option to that step because of there
> are lot of SPs.
>
> I think, in practically, it is first create new IDP and change the SPs to
> that. Then they can decide to delete the current IDP.
>
> ​Yes as a feature, +1 to have this delete functionality. ​

IMHO;  Spending cycles on this feature may not be much useful..  IDP may
like a user store..  In real production,  it is very rare to remove an IDP
from the WSO2IS.  What may be happened;  IDP would be removed from the
associated to SP.

Can someone please explain what is the critical of this feature for given
production WSO2IS step ?  Currently  -1 for prioritizing this for IS
releases.

Thanks,
Asela.

>> This is fine (or just okay) if we have 2 or 3 service providers in the
>> system - but its not the case today.
>>
>> Can we provide a feature to force delete an identity provider? If not at
>> the UI - at least at the API level..
>>
>> If we agree - can we please prioritize this...?
>>
>> Thanks & Regards,
>> Prabath
>>
>> Twitter : @prabath
>> LinkedIn : http://www.linkedin.com/in/prabathsiriwardena
>>
>> Mobile : +1 650 625 7950 <(650)%20625-7950>
>>
>> http://facilelogin.com

Thanks & Regards,
Asela

ATL