On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 12:56 PM, Nuwan Dias <nuw...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 12:36 PM, Asela Pathberiya <as...@wso2.com> wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 12:10 PM, Nuwan Dias <nuw...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> As mentioned on the subject itself, these are Identity Management and
>>> Identity Governance features. They don't closely tie in with API
>>> Management. Therefore I think its fine to recommend IS for those kind of
>>> use cases.
>>>
>>> Installing these features to APIM at this point in time is also a
>>> problem due to its roadmap with 3.0. If we install these features into APIM
>>> users will see these as first class features of our APIM offering, they
>>> won't see this as something coming from IS.
>>>

>> APIM store is public facing for end users.  It already supports for user
>> registration which is also identity management feature.  It is a question,
>> why can't it support  features such as  password recovery/policies/email
>> activation by default.
>>

> Its not that it can't. Its a question of where do we draw the line between
> IS and APIM. My opinion is that the current user registration (with
> workflow support) and password reset options are just enough for the OOTB
> product. You can have many more scenarios than listed above. Such as Login
> with Facebook, Multifactor Authentication, etc and the list could go on. I
> think its fine to ask users to integrate with IS for advanced scenarios.

We have very clear boundaries between API-M and IS, this is the whole point
for maintaining IS as the key manager profile so that users can get both IS
and KM capabilities from a single runtime, I don't see any valid point to
make API-M runtime more complicate by adding some random IS features (in
this case Identity Governance features) hence I'm also -1 for original
suggestion.  IMO two runtime concept we have today ( API-M KM and IS as KM
) is enough to cater simple API security requirements to complex IAM
requirements.

Thanks !

>> If product supports for public user registration, it must support for all
>> other identity management features as well.
>>
>> Are we removing the user registration from APIM 3.0 ?
>>

> No, that would be there. But we don't have plans to support anything else.
> Since there's no C5 based IS yet, we are writing all the user management
> capabilities from scratch to even get the basic functionality. The need to
> support more and more scenarios would create a lot more work than already
> planned. Risking its deadlines.
>

>> Thanks,
>> Asela.
>>

>>> Which means that users would expect the same set of features on 3.0 as
>>> well. Therefore I would be -1 to installing these features on APIM.

>>> --
>>> Nuwan Dias
>>>
>>> Software Architect - WSO2, Inc. http://wso2.com
>>> email : nuw...@wso2.com
>>> Phone : +94 777 775 729 <+94%2077%20777%205729>
>>>

>> --
>> Thanks & Regards,
>> Asela
>>
>> ATL
>> Mobile : +94 777 625 933 <+94%2077%20762%205933>
>>              +358 449 228 979
>>
>> http://soasecurity.org/
>> http://xacmlinfo.org/
>>

> --
> Nuwan Dias
>
> Software Architect - WSO2, Inc. http://wso2.com
> email : nuw...@wso2.com
> Phone : +94 777 775 729 <+94%2077%20777%205729>

Sagara Gunathunga

Director; WSO2, Inc.;  http://wso2.com
Linkedin; http://www.linkedin.com/in/ssagara
Blog ;  http://ssagara.blogspot.com
Mobile : +9471 <+94%2071%20565%209887>2149951