+1 This will be perfect implementation for throttling events like messages(
due to high efficiency, small message size, no durable requirements etc).
Do you have any time line estimation for this feature? I believe from user
point of view there will be no any changes other than remove database
configuration.

Thanks,
sanjeewa.

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 4:31 PM, Hasitha Hiranya <hasit...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Asanka,
>
> I think we should not restrict.
> What we are doing is, configuring MB to work with an "in-memory store".
> It should be a configuration at broker side (applied to all queues/topics).
> When coding, better keep all logics same attached to an in-memory impl of
> the  store.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Thanks
>
> On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 3:32 PM, Pamod Sylvester <pa...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Asanka,
>>
>> If we're considering to handle durable subscriptions in-memory it would
>> be good if we can inform the client on it.
>>
>> IMHO Semantically it also could mislead the applications. Otherwise isn't
>> it an option for us to restrict connection creation as durable ? (if the
>> broker is started in, "in-memory" mode)
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Pamod
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 2:14 PM, Asanka Abeyweera <asank...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I am working on the $subject. In the previous versions of message
>>> broker, we configured H2 database in the in-memory mode to run the broker
>>> in in-memory mode. But we are thinking of having a mode where we would skip
>>> the database layer completely when in-memory mode is enabled in the broker.
>>> This means we will be doing all of the following tasks in memory.
>>>
>>>    - Persistent message storing
>>>    - Durable queue information storing
>>>    - Durable exchange information storing
>>>    - Durable binding information storing
>>>
>>> Alternatively, we could reject all durable calls when we put the broker
>>> in in-memory mode. But If we do that we will be limiting some of the
>>> existing applications from using the message broker in in-memory mode.
>>> Therefore I think It is better not to that.
>>>
>>> WDYT?
>>> --
>>> Asanka Abeyweera
>>> Associate Technical Lead