Hi Menaka,

Comments inline.

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 2:02 PM, Menaka Jayawardena <men...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Currently, in G-Reg publisher, users cannot edit the uploaded swagger
> files. Neither it can be downloaded. So, in order to edit an uploaded file,
> they need to either,

This is when creating REST APIs.

>    1.  Edit the local copy, delete the resource in the G-Reg and
>    re-upload it.
>    2.  Copy the content of the file, make the changes, delete the
>    existing G-Reg resource and re-upload it.
>
> In user's perspective, this is a very cumbersome process to perform
> in-order to get a simple task done.
>
> As a solution for this, I'm working on integrating the swagger editor in
> G-Reg publisher, where users can edit the swagger files in the G-Reg
> publisher it self.
>
> The functionality would be similar to the swagger editor in API-M
> Publisher and need some clarification on the following aspects as well.
>
> 1. Do we provide the capability of create a swagger file with the editor?
> 2. Saving the edited file with a different name.
> 3. Do we need to incorporate the editor in the new file creation process.
> i.e, when the user is creating a new swagger file, do we supposed to give
> them to create it with editor as well?

Whats the difference between 1 and 3 ? Creating a new swagger file will
amount to a new file creation right ?
If we do 2 then we will have to incorporate versioning capabilities here as
well.

I think in phase 1 we should just do the basic functionality you have
mentioned in the document - just the same that is there in API Manager.

Thank you,
Shiro

--

*Shiroshica Kulatilake | Director, Solutions Architecture,  WSO2 Inc.+94
776523867 *