Agreed with Shiro.

Regarding #2,  IMO editing a swagger should limit to whatever the version
being edited. Say the edited swagger has to be a newer version, then I
suppose in G-Reg publisher there's a copy artifact feature, after which the
developer can modify the newer version.

However regarding #1 I think in publisher there's an option to upload the
swagger. When a developer created, it would be beneficial to create a new
swagger by start editing if this could be added.

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 4:09 AM, Menaka Jayawardena <men...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Yes... The points 1 and 3 are the same.
> Sorry for the mistake.
>

> On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 2:22 PM, Shiro Kulatilake <sh...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Menaka,
>>
>> Comments inline.
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 2:02 PM, Menaka Jayawardena <men...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Currently, in G-Reg publisher, users cannot edit the uploaded swagger
>>> files. Neither it can be downloaded. So, in order to edit an uploaded file,
>>> they need to either,
>>>
>> This is when creating REST APIs.
>>

>>>    1.  Edit the local copy, delete the resource in the G-Reg and
>>>    re-upload it.
>>>    2.  Copy the content of the file, make the changes, delete the
>>>    existing G-Reg resource and re-upload it.
>>>
>>> In user's perspective, this is a very cumbersome process to perform
>>> in-order to get a simple task done.
>>>
>>> As a solution for this, I'm working on integrating the swagger editor in
>>> G-Reg publisher, where users can edit the swagger files in the G-Reg
>>> publisher it self.
>>>
>>> The functionality would be similar to the swagger editor in API-M
>>> Publisher and need some clarification on the following aspects as well.
>>>
>>> 1. Do we provide the capability of create a swagger file with the
>>> editor?
>>> 2. Saving the edited file with a different name.
>>> 3. Do we need to incorporate the editor in the new file creation
>>> process. i.e, when the user is creating a new swagger file, do we supposed
>>> to give them to create it with editor as well?
>>>

>> Whats the difference between 1 and 3 ? Creating a new swagger file will
>> amount to a new file creation right ?
>> If we do 2 then we will have to incorporate versioning capabilities here
>> as well.
>>
>> I think in phase 1 we should just do the basic functionality you have
>> mentioned in the document - just the same that is there in API Manager.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Shiro
>>

>>> I have attached the user stories for the basic functionality.
>>>
>>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JHmsaWBaUFa_CXBVkDrwL_Bm
>>> GL1AhD7iw_T3-f6flsI/edit?usp=sharing
>>>
>>> Any ideas, suggestions are highly appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks and Regards,
>>> Menaka
>>>
>>> --
>>> *Menaka Jayawardena*
>>> Software Engineer
>>> WSO2 Inc.
>>>
>>> Phone    : +94 71 350 5470
>>> LinkedIn : https://lk.linkedin.com/in/menakajayawardena
>>> Blog       : https://menakamadushanka.wordpress.com/
>>>

>> --
>>

>> *Shiroshica Kulatilake | Director, Solutions Architecture,  WSO2 Inc.+94
>> 776523867 *
>>

> --
> *Menaka Jayawardena*
> Software Engineer