Hi,

We need to make sure the mediators we provide works in single-threaded
(blocking mode) only. Otherwise the request flow will split. @Others please
correct me if I am wrong.

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 7:39 PM Dulith Senanayake <dul...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> As @Harsha Kumara <hars...@wso2.com> and @Malintha Amarasinghe
> <malint...@wso2.com> mentioned, I identified the following mediator list
> that we would be supporting at UI level for the request, response, fault
> message mediations.
>
>    - Call
>
> We should only encourage blocking mode. Call mediator's asynchronous
(nonblocking) mode cannot be used in our mediation policies.

>    - Send
>
> I think we cannot encourage using Send mediator which is always
non-blocking? Please correct me if I am wrong.

>    - Log
>    - Property
>    - Filter
>
> Above 3 should be okay,

>    - Sequence
>
> Sequences can be used but the problem is we are not properly exporting it
when exporting an API. When someone does an import/export, the dependent
sequences will be missing.

>    - CallTemplate
>
> I guess it has the same problem as sequences.

>    - Drop
>
> Should be okay to provide I guess.

>    - LoopBack
>
> Moves the request to the outSequence path. We need to carefully decide
whether to support or not.

>    - PropertyGroup
>
>  Should be okay

>    - Respond
>    - ConditionalRouter
>
>  Above two breaks the default request flow. We need to carefully decide
whether to support or not.

>    - DataMapper
>    - PayloadFactory
>    - Validate
>    - Switch
>    - ForEach
>
> Above 5 should be okay as this is executed in a single thread (blocking
mode)

>    - Iterate
>
> I don't think we can provide Iterate because it is splitting the default
message flow.

How about mediators like header, script, enrich, urlrewrite, cache? We can
check possible ones from [1]

Also, with regards to property mediator, it is very useful to provide a
list of common properties [2], scopes in the UI so that users can discover
them and use it easily.

[1] https://docs.wso2.com/display/EI640/ESB+Mediators
[2] https://docs.wso2.com/display/EI640/Properties+Reference

Thanks!