Are you using ftp to download the file? You may have better luck with another
utility, eg wget and got (https://github.com/melbahja/got) both work fine for
me on PinebookPro using Manjaro linux.

If that doesn't work I would try connecting via another network, eg library or
cafe wifi rather than your regular wifi. There should not be any problem to
download a file.