I’ve tried ftp and http (and https).

I suspect the problem is some interaction between ipv6 and my comcastic home
network. The local library has been closed until today (since March 2020) so
I’ll try there.

I agree that there should not be any problem to download the file. But with no
other computer, and things shut down because of covid, my options have been
limited. And this is not a high priority. I have plenty of things to keep me
busy and the PineBook Pro is just a toy I thought I might play with.

Also, PineBook Pro support is still young, and it appeared that a full install
wasn’t possible without another computer to use as a serial console. That may
still be the case with 6.9, but it looks as though an install *may* be possible
if I can get the installer on a USB stick or an SD card, so I thought it was
worth a try. But if it’s too much of a pain, I’ll just wait for things to
improve more.

Thanks!

-DaveP