I'm not an expert, but I think that bombs have improved substantially in a
number of ways over the last two hundred years:

- accuracy of remote detonation
- size - lots of smaller, powerful bombs
- availability of household chemicals that can easily be used to make
bombs (see the Oklahoma City bombing)

Fabio