>  I think you are ignoring something important - team work. In order
>  to win games in team sports, you need someone with talent and experience.
>  By the time that cheap players acquire experience, they can be bought
>  by a team in a bigger market. So it is true that you can buy talent cheap
>  its hard to buy talent and experience cheap.
>
>  -fabio

I dont know if relevant experience is gained that slowly so only free agents
are at a level that can play and add teamwork.

Baseball, to me, is a unique sport in that you actually CAN pick A,B, and C,
put them together very shortly, and have them play well. Unlike in Football
where coordination of movement and plays is critical (and why all-star
football doesnt exactly excite), Baseball depends mainly on how well each
individual plays their position. Thus your level of teamwork, I think,
depends more on each person's individual contribution & effort, which is
more a case of the coach & manager running a "smooth" operation than
individual experience.

I also think that big heads (gained by big salaries) tend to work LESS well
together than do new blood who are still trying to distinguish themselves.

Brian

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html