In a message dated 8/14/02 3:37:34 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< The problem is central planning.  The US corporation would be a giant
enterprise subject to the inefficiencies of any large organization.
Also, minority interests would be overpowered as they are now.

> Would government spending increase or decrease?

If the members vote as citizens do now, it seems to me that the government
would be under similar special-interest influence, and there would be little
change in government spending. >>

Rereading the two passages, I wonder if there isn't a contraction.  In the
first passage we have minority interests overpowered, but in seeming
contraction we have in the second passage special interests with influence.
How other is a minority interest different from a special interest?   Or are
we talking about corporations in the first rather than the voters in the
second.  In the case of corporations, a minority holder ofte can, and does
exert considerable interest, especially over a publicly-held corporation.
Ross Perot gained some of his millions by using his minority stake in GM to
harass the GM board of directors until they paid him off.

Unrelated to the question of minority interests, could Americans participate
in any other organizations?  Or would everything be controlled by the
corporation?  Could Americans start other corporations, partnerships, sole
proprietorships?  Seperate churches and recreational or philanthropic
organizations?  Or would everything have to be done under the auspcies of the
corporations?

David