--- david friedman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
"Suppose we instead assume that everyone has the same
ability to convert leisure into income...."

I'm not disputing the logic.  The assumption does seem
awfully unrealistic.  All zygotes are created equal,
except the ones with the wrong number of chromosones
(oh, and maybe not some with nasty genetic
predispositions), but the family one comes into along
with a host of factors beyond one's control do play a
role in affecting who one becomes, including the
ability to convert leisure into income.

-jsh