Hi.

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 12:58 PM, Matt <matt.kowg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Henrik,
>
> I am processing the data from the 270 HapMap samples on the SNP 6.0
> arrays using the CRMAv2 method.  I wrote a script to follow the steps,
> minus the plotting, outlined on
>
> http://www.aroma-project.org/vignettes/CRMAv2
>
> It has been running for a week now without error. I have checked
> the .Rout file and it is still running, but it says it is doing chunk
> #622 of 1252, so only half-way. I wonder if there is a way I can run
> this faster? Is it possible to break the 270 samples up?

Have a look at the how-to page on 'Improve processing time':

  http://www.aroma-project.org/howtos/ImproveProcessingTime

Obviously it depends on your computer, but on a decent machine I would
expect something like 5-10 mins per array.  If you see more than say
15 min per array, you should definitely look into the above how-to
page.

The CRMAv2 algorithm was designed to be a truly single array
statistical method, meaning it will give identical result is process
each array independently and then merge or you merge and the process
all in one batch.  This is neat, because you can process samples as
they are added to an experiment/project.  Because of this you can also
run CRMAv2 on multiple machines in parallel.  Note that this is not
case with CRMA(v1) or any other CN preprocessing methods out there.
If you wish to take this approach, you might by the doCRMAv2()
function useful.  See page 'Block: doCRMAv2() / doASCRMAv2()':

 http://www.aroma-project.org/blocks/doCRMAv2

Hope this helps

Henrik