On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 4:18 AM, Yan Jiao <y.j...@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
> Yes, I am using CBS model, so the method will be DNAcopy right?

The CBS model is using the CBS method.  The CBS method is implemented
in the DNAcopy package.  The CbsModel class of the aroma framework is
just a wrapper using the DNAcopy implementation of CBS.

> I don't think I could use GLAD, since I'm using windows 64bits machine.

I didn't know that, but you are correct that GLAD is hard to install
in Windows 64-bit.  I haven't managed to do it myself, but then I also
didn't really have to do it.  It is probably possible, but it
certainly doesn't work out of the box.

To go back to your original question: the aroma framework does not
implement CN segmentation/calling method itself - it only provides
wrappers to existing ones - and if it doesn't one can always extract
the CN data and pass it on to a segmentation method of choice.

If you wish to use CBS, then you have to find a way to call the
segments yourself, because the CBS method does not do it for you (and
hence neither aroma).

Hope this clarifies it.

/Henrik