Hello,

 #

Here is the session Information:

>sessionInfo()

R version 2.12.1 (2010-12-16)

Platform: x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu (64-bit)

locale:
 [1] LC_CTYPE=en_US.utf8       LC_NUMERIC=C
 [3] LC_TIME=en_US.utf8        LC_COLLATE=en_US.utf8
 [5] LC_MONETARY=C             LC_MESSAGES=en_US.utf8
 [7] LC_PAPER=en_US.utf8       LC_NAME=C
 [9] LC_ADDRESS=C              LC_TELEPHONE=C
[11] LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US.utf8 LC_IDENTIFICATION=C

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
 [1] SPACE_1.0              combinat_0.0-8         graph_1.28.0
 [4] MASS_7.3-9             aroma.affymetrix_2.1.1 aroma.apd_0.1.8
 [7] affxparser_1.22.1      R.huge_0.2.2           aroma.core_2.1.1
[10] aroma.light_1.18.4     matrixStats_0.2.2      R.rsp_0.5.4
[13] R.cache_0.4.2          R.filesets_1.0.2       digest_0.4.2
[16] R.utils_1.7.6          R.oo_1.8.0             R.methodsS3_1.2.1

[1] tools_2.12.1

#

I was running the SPACE script (ComputeGmatrix) to generate G and GE
matrices with aroma.affymetrix_2.1.1. I got the following error:

>Glist<-ComputeGmatrix(cdfG,cdfT)

Reading indexes for genes...done

Reading indexes for units (units(G)=transcripts units(GE)=exons)...Error in
UseMethod("indexOf") :

no applicable method for 'indexOf' applied to an object of class "character"

 #

Than, i run the source code of ComputeGmatrix (Source code is attached with
mail) and i got the following error.

 >unitsT <- indexOf(cdfT, pattern='')

Error in UseMethod("indexOf") :

no applicable method for 'indexOf' applied to an object of class "character"

#

However, in case of cdfG it is working:

> unitsG <- indexOf(cdfG, pattern='')

#

'CDFs' information are given here:

> cdfG

AffymetrixCdfFile:

Filename: hjay,r1.cdf

Filesize: 107.39MB

Chip type: hjay,r1

RAM: 1.81MB

File format: v4 (binary; XDA)

Dimension: 2560x2560

Number of cells: 6553600

Number of units: 33845

Cells per unit: 193.64

Number of QC units: 0

 > cdfT

AffymetrixCdfFile:

Filename: hjay,r1,tr,9.cdf

Filesize: 233.38MB

Chip type: hjay,r1,tr,9

RAM: 0.00MB

File format: v4 (binary; XDA)

Dimension: 2560x2560

Number of cells: 6553600

Number of units: 83374

Cells per unit: 78.60

Number of QC units: 0

#

With previously version of aroma.affymetrix i was getting the wrong indices
in script ComputeGmatrix (a small part of script is below)

> patternT=''

>cat("Reading indexes for units (units(G)=transcripts units(GE)=exons)...");

>unitsT <- indexOf.UnitNamesFile(cdfT, pattern=patternT)

>transcripts <- getUnitNames(cdfT, units=unitsT)

>indicesT <- getCellIndices(cdfT,units=unitsT)

 so i updated the version of aroma.affyemtrix, and now i am not able to get
even units name for cdfT.

regards,

Ravi