Let me try to explain. For the first 5 years,  between 1992 and 1996,
almost none of the people here or ANYWHERE will be able to find 5 A R
songs that they didn't like. Out of 25-30 albums. That's a high
standard. Every phrase, every intro, every verse is astounding from
that period. In Guru, the first interlude from Barso Re is phenomenal
and no other composer is capable of that kind of music, and many fans
think that A R is capable of sustaining that sort of quality over the
length of the entire album, which may or may not happen because the
songs are extremely situational nowadays.
It is RIDICULOUS for anyone here to say that one cannot criticize this
aspect of Rahman's music or that, because there are many many fans who
have been there since the first song of A R R ever aired and before,
and have a right to express their feelings.
I am curious to know how old some of you are, because there seems to
be a generational gap developing in this group :)