I used to cry when i listen to "Porale ponnuthayi" from Karithamma
and "Ye ajnabi" from Dil se. Pure magic!!

I want the same magic back in Rahman music.I dont care Subash k jha
or Joginder tuteja or any other so called critics, but i want all of
them criticize Rahman now.

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM IN PUSHING AN ARTIST WHO IS CAPABLE TO DELIVER
EXTRA-ORDINARY MUSIC.

fyi : Criticism is not new to AR. One south indian magazine called
him "one film wonder" in Genteman review.But AR prove them wrong.

Regards
Shanavas

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Chord" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think it's a matter of taste, nothing more.  I'm all for
specific
> constructive criticism within reason.  To hear "Rahman not living
up
> to his own standards" for every fricking release of his nowadays
is
> not within reason for me.  Ok, there are some fans not as happy
with
> Rahman's music today compared to the past. Of course they have a
> right to express what they feel.  I have to accept that as THEIR
> OPINION, not a fact.  Disappointed with the music for such and
such
> reason?  Fine with me.  Didn't like the song for such and such
> reason?  Ok!  Rahman's not as good as he used to be?  That's not
> getting past me!
>
> You mentioned hardly any songs unliked in Rahman's earlier days.
Be
> [...]
> of music from Rahman.  Rahman is more selective today too.
>
> I'm in my 30s.  I'm a relatively late oncomer to Rahman's music
(mid
> 90s) but I enjoy all his music from day 1 to now.  I view him as a
> progressive artist who is maturing at every step and willing to
> experiment, even if all his experiments are not appreciated by the
> masses or his fans. I am just as critical of his music from Roja
> Jodha Akbar and not all his music is appreciated by me.  In fact,
> find some of his music from his early days extremely radical and
hard
> to reach, far from appealing emotionally, although admittedly
> brilliant on a left brain level. Yes, some of his best work IMO is
> from his early days, but I also find some of his best work from
> recent soundtracks too!
>

> --- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Ranojoy" <khushiyan2001@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Let me try to explain. For the first 5 years,  between 1992 and
> 1996,
> > almost none of the people here or ANYWHERE will be able to find
5 A
> > songs that they didn't like. Out of 25-30 albums. That's a high
> > standard. Every phrase, every intro, every verse is astounding
from
> > that period. In Guru, the first interlude from Barso Re is
> phenomenal
> > and no other composer is capable of that kind of music, and many
> fans
> > think that A R is capable of sustaining that sort of quality
over
> the
> > length of the entire album, which may or may not happen because
the
> > songs are extremely situational nowadays.
> > It is RIDICULOUS for anyone here to say that one cannot
criticize
> this
> > aspect of Rahman's music or that, because there are many many
fans
> who
> > have been there since the first song of A R R ever aired and
before,
> > and have a right to express their feelings.
> > I am curious to know how old some of you are, because there
seems to
> > be a generational gap developing in this group :)
> >
> > --- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Chord" <purevibz@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I hear this phrase over and over and over in reviews.  What
does
> that
> > > mean exactly?  Is it purely subjective or are there elements
of
> > > Rahman's best works that can be operationalized?  If ARR is a
> > > progressive artist who doesn't stick to formulas, what exactly
> are his
> > > standards that people expect him to adhere to album after
album?

> > > I think it's the same dilemma for all suuccessful artists.
You