Thanks for your reply! Disagreements are of course welcome!

About the statement:
"That “fairly good” is unacceptable from someone like ARR. Only
masterpieces
that transcend human imagination deserve to be associated  with his name!"

It is my interpretation of all the criticism of his music. Pressure yes, unfair
too, but remember Rahman has lived upto these expectations time and again
barring very few exceptions. If you constantly live upto sky high expectations,
people will continue to expect the impossible from you :) I view high
expectations as a mark of respect and trust.

If you genuinely like the CWG song, great!

To be frank I am not too concerned with the media bashing and stuff, ARR is too
above all this for me! What concerns me is that I and many other music
listeners feel it's missing the ARR magic. Good song, but not divine!