I am having a strange problem with ARS and Mid-tier.

There is a firewall between ARS and mid-tier and once in a while the mid-tier throws an "RPC bind failure" error and looses connectivity with the server. After 20-25 minutes, the connection resumes automatically on its own. During this time, end users are not able to access the server. This happens atleast twice in a day!

ARS is configured for a specific port and the mid-tier server has this configured in the serverlist (TCP port specified).

We checked the firewall logs and found that once in a while the mid-tier is trying to reach the server on RPC port 111, which is blocked on the server. Only the TCP specific port is allowed. But, no idea how the connection is resumed again.

Stange thing is, it works perfectly fine in this setup and once in a while looses connectivity in this way.

In case any one has faced a similar problem or any help in this regard is appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Balaji