Along the same line...

I use Redirection Port Monitor (RedMon) with GhostScript to generate pdf
reports to a file for several years (with MS Access, not Remedy).  Once
the software is configured all pdf files are created in the same folder
with the same name - no need to recreate/copy an original ini file.

The Access program generates the report and prints it to a specific
printer (I named it 'Access PDF').  The printer creates the pdf file in
the c:\ folder as rpt.pdf.  I then move the report file to a permanent
location - in your case attach the file to a form.

RedMon
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/redmon/

GhostScript
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/doc/AFPL/get814.htm *There are new
versions but I know this one works fine.

Note: Initially configuring GhostScript and RedMon to create pdf reports
was tricky.  If you (or anyone else) gets stuck just let me know and I
should be able to help.

Stephen