-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Carey Matthew Black
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 12:35 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Filter Messages Window

So... when an "Error" should be thrown from a filter you plan on doing:

For a Submit:
   a Push to create the "message" record
   a Run Process to do a "Application-Delete-Entry"
   a "goto 1000" action?

For a Modify:
   a Push to create the "message" record
   a Set field action (by matching ID's) to retrieve all of the DB
values for the record
   a "goto 1000" action?

Or just use a Remedy Error Message for that case and tell the users to
"get over" seeing the Error number? :)

Or how else will you keep the save/modify from happening to the data?

Also be mindful of how to deal with phase 2 push actions too. After all
they need to be "turned off" or "backed out" too. To bad there is not a
way to tell the ARS server to "forget about it" without throwing an
fatal error. (Something like ... "Application-Forget-Pending" :)

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)

Solution = People + Process + Tools
Fast, Accurate, Cheap.... Pick two.
Never ascribe to malice, that which can be explained by incompetence.