Jack,

It's still a feature in 6.3. Not only will a 0 (zero) cause this to
occur but several other characters like @ seem to get translated to a
zero by the email engine.

We have a filter that checks to see if the email address field is at
least 5 characters.  This number may actually be too small for the
minimum number of characters in a valid email address but bit is large
enough to catch the 0 and @ single characters.

Dave

>Date:    Tue, 29 Aug 2006 13:59:54 -0400
>From:    Jack Samson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Email Engine Emailing All Users in User form
>
>Hi All,
>
>We are using Remedy AR Server 6.003 Patch 17 on a Solaris machine. Does

>anyone remember when Remedy would email everyone in the user form when
>zero was entered into the To field in an outgoing email?  It seems that

>Remedy would interpret the zero as the public group and then send the
email
>to everyone in the User form.  Is this still a problem or is this
considered
>a part of the product?  I ask because I had a user enter a bunch of
text
>into the To field and the text contained some zero's and the Email
Engine
>emailed everyone.  I wanted to validate if this is it should work and
what
>would be the best Filter check for this?
>
>Thanks in Advance.
>
>Jackson
>Remedy Admin

Dave Shellman