JP,

Remedy/BMC products are used around the world.  That fact is evident by
the variety of folks from various countries on this list and that were
at BUW in San Francisco last week.  So is this outsourcing or an attempt
at better customer support by providing support resources in various
time zones providing local support or even follow the sun support.

I have created several tickets on the Support web page late in the
evening and they were responded to by support folks in Singapore.  I was
nice to have a quick response to the issues.

I don't think we should take a preemptive strike at support as a gut
reaction.  Goddess knows in the last few months I have reacted poorly to
situations.  Those reactions were negative and influenced others
perceptions of me.  With that said, if the quality of support goes down,
like in the Dark Ages, then we have a right to complain but not before.

Dave

>Date:    Thu, 7 Sep 2006 16:43:36 -0400
>From:    Jamahowal Pinitubel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: I Am Outraged! - BMC/Remedy is Outsourcing Support!!
>
>Hello community,
>
>I have it on good authority from one of my contacts at BMC that they
will be
>starting to outsource their support to Pune, India and Dublin, Ireland
very
>shortly.
>
>Am I the only one who is outraged by this?
>
>Our company already pays an unconscionable amount of money for Remedy
>Support. If they start to outsource I can guarantee you that our
company
>will stop paying for support altogether next year because they will be
>diminishing the value of this support drastically but our maintenance
fees
>will not be discounted.
>
>So THEY will be saving a ton of money by giving us compromised support
but
>they will not be compensating us in any way (and we just renewed our
>maintenance contract before I was told of this!).
>
>In my experience, the second most valuable thing besides the actual AR
>System platform from Remedy is their support teams and infrastructure.
If
>BMC is going to start carving the support infrastructure up and
outsourcing
>it, then thay are going to lose the second most valuable pool of Remedy

>professionals next to the engineers themselves.
>
>What is BMC thinking? The executives are obviously boneheads who have
NO
>IDEA of the value of the Remedy AR System product line and the Remedy
>support infrastructure.
>
>I have emailed Bob Beauchamp but have not had a response from him
regarding
>this direction.
>
>If we can no longer rely on the past stellar support for this product,
which
>is critical to us in our rapid development environment, we are going to

>seriously consider moving to another development platform entirely
where
>they have on-site American/English speaking professionals - not
underpayed
>call centre (KB screen-reader) reps who have no understanding and no
context
>of the platform, and no relationships & restricted escalation paths
with the
>Remedy software engineering community.
>
>As a longtime customer, I am personally outraged by this move and I am
>insulted that BMC has not contacted us nor have they solicited feedback
on
>this initiative.
>
>What does everyone else think? (Please, EVERYONE chime in on this)
>
>What can we do to get BMC to keep their existing support infrastructure
and
>stop them from farming out their support to people who can not even
speak
>clear American English?
>
>JP

Dave Shellman