I'm wondering if anyone out there is ars list land has come across this
issue....

We are on Windows 2008 boxes.  We have 3 app servers and 3 web servers.
Each run on their own virtual device.

Load balancing is conducted by an F5 Load Balancer.

Starting sometime in the last week (most likely the weekend) our users
started encountering enourmous wait times logging into Remedy.  Each time
would take around 4 minutes!  Needless to say, they weren't pleased.

It took about a day and a half, but we finally worked the issue down to the
load balancer our infrastructure provider uses.  What happened is that a
meta tag that is part of each Remedy form - <meta
http-equiv=\"X-UA-Compatible\" content=\"IE=5\">.  The load balancers IDS
had sometime in the last month had an update that added a rule blocking IE5
content.  We're not sure why it didn't actually start blocking this stuff
until now, but it did.

Now, our provider was able to change the rule so that it merely logs the
usage and does not block it, so we are now back to normal operations, but
it leaves open a potential security hole, and they are understandably
resistant to leaving that open.

When I spoke with BMC, I got back a response that there would be no more
Hotrfixes for 7.6.04!  That took me back a bit given the fact that we're in
limited support until 1/2017!  Now, I pushed back (lightly) and they are
talking it over, so I'm not getting myself to worked up just yet.  But I am
curious if anyone else is having this issue.  We're not that unusual in our
setup.

Anyone else?

--
Warren R. Baltimore II