Well, the only change I would make to your discussion is not wrapping the C
API, but instead the Java API.  The Java API is the one that BMC is moving
forward with, I mean, they rewrote the entire Server in Java....so....I
could see having the API available in a scripting language.  Now...I don't
know Node.js, so I can't speak to it specifically, and I know that Java and
JavaScript aren't the same, but I can't imagine them being too awfully hard
to marry together for scripting purposes.  Most of the wrappers, as I
understand them, have been community efforts, or individual efforts inside
BMC that never got released 'supported'...which means they were essentially
all unsupported...so...start a GitHub project or something and see how much
traction it gets :)