Hi Brian,

Thank you for the thorough feedback.

rrrExport/rrrImport - the main problem with Dev Studio is that it does
everything in a big chunk, and errors are hard to connect to the right object.
The idea with rrrExport/rrrImport is to do them in small pieces to circumvent
this, and to give you a good log which clearly gives you the object connected
to any error.

rrrExport/rrrImport - Overlays should work fine, I have tested this on some
versions. Anything more specific on that part?

rrrDefDiff does NOT work on modify-date. Instead it compares every piece of the
def file excluding modify-date/by and some other redundant default stuff to
give you the differences. You get def files to import for updated/new objects,
and you get backup def files of the objects that will be updated/deleted. In
other words it should be easy to back out a migration gone wrong.

Best Regards - Misi, RRR AB, http://www.rrr.se (http://www.rrr.se) (ARSList MVP
2011)

Ask the Remedy Licensing Experts (Best R.O.I. Award at WWRUG10/11/12/13)
* RRR|Log - Performance issues or elusive bugs? Analyze your Remedy logs
Find these products, and many free tools and utilities, at http://rrr.se
(http://rrr.se)